Friday, November 16, 2007

First Trip Back to the Windy City: Saturday

Saturday morning, Carrie (from PIL) picked me up, and we went to the Fiddlehead Cafe for brunch. Delicious! I had french toast that was covered in peanut butter then dipped into a "crust" of crushed Cap'n Crunch cereal, with Crunch Berries sprinkled on top. (Unhealthy eating was pretty much a theme of the whole weekend.) It was wonderful to see Carrie again; we had a really nice visit, and I got to see her adorable apartment. BTW, Carrie's episode of "What Not to Wear" will be airing on Friday, November 23rd. (Check your local listing for the time--it says 9:00 on their Web site.) Be sure to look for me, Tomkin, Lisa, and Carrie D. cheering Carrie on, since we were at the big reveal!
I went back to Lisa's, and we got all bundled up (thanks to my shopping trip the week before--Tomkin took me to REI and bought me all the warm clothes I'll need for the winter--coat, boots, long underwear, hat, etc.). Then we walked to Welles Park for Rebekah's annual birthday football game. It turned out to be a warmer day than we'd expected--in the 50s, which was perfect for playing football. Though when I say I "played" football, it really means that I ran back and forth on the field, took some pictures (while on the field), and drank a couple beers. I did rip someone's flag off once, which was exciting, although Rebekah scored two touchdowns while I was "guarding" her. After the game, we all hobbled back to Rebekah and Mike's for chili and other delicious food (including birthday cake!). Joanna and Mary Beth picked me up, and we headed to Kelly's for Game Night. It was lots of fun--we gorged on Chinese food, played with Evie and Sophie, and actually played four games (CatchPhrase, Encore, Oodles of Doodles, and SongBurst)! We've been such softies lately.... We also gave Jo a bunch of presents for Alejandro--things that we had enjoyed when we were kids. The biggest hit was the Sit-N-Spin from Mary Beth. So cool! Do they make those for adults? We gamed until about 1:00, and then I headed back to Lisa's. (She was just getting home from Rebekah's birthday celebration!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the battery-operated heated vest on Jules! Cool, eh?

Post a Comment