Friday, November 16, 2007

First Trip Back to the Windy City: Sunday

Sunday morning, Lisa and I got breakfast at Einstein Bros., then went to church. It was so nice to be back at Holy Covenant! Unfortunately, a lot of people weren't there, but I did get to catch up with some folks, including Pastor Trey. Carrie, Lisa, and I headed to the nearby Paddy Long's pub for lunch. Then I went back up to the Andersonville neighborhood and went to Kelly's Chicago Chamber Choir concert, "Sing Me to Heaven" (songs about death). Kerri was there, too, so we got to visit a little more, which was nice. And the concert was beautiful. (I'll miss going to their Christmas sing-along this year!) Afterward, I walked up to Carrie's place and got to spend a little time with her and Charisma (her rabbit), which was cool. (She recently got back from a wonderful trip to Spain--you can see pictures of her trip here.) Then we walked down to the Hopleaf (it was another beautiful night out!), where we met up with Lisa, Adolfo, and Carrie. The place was packed, as usual, so we just ate in the bar area, which was fine. It was just fun to hang out with everyone again, back at the old haunt. Unfortunately, I missed the Surly Brewing folks by one night--they were there on Monday to debut Surly Darkness. We all ate and drank and talked for a few hours, and then I headed back with Lisa to her place. The next time I go back to Chicago, she'll be getting ready to move to Hawaii!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I'm glad I got to spend so much time with you, Jules! I miss you already.

Carisita said...

It was so nice to have you back--come again SOON! Thanks for the plug for my pics! :)

Post a Comment