Thursday, November 1, 2007

Blessings to Go










Sunday morning, October 21, Lisa and I went out for breakfast at Ann Sather's, and then I picked up the dogs from Bill & Laura's. I brought them to church with me for the Blessing of the Animals service at Holy Covenant. It was an emotional day, since my car was all packed up, and I knew I'd be heading out once church was over. Pastor Trey gave a wonderful sermon and blessed all the animals in attendance. Scout got a little barky and hyper, but he and Chloe were good for the most part. Right near the end of the service, Pastor Trey called me (and the dogs) up front. Then he had everyone else in the church gather around to lay hands on me, and he gave me a blessing for my journey, both that day and in the many days to come. After church I said some good-byes, and then Lisa (and Izzy) walked me to the car. Then I got on the road, drove out of Chicago, and headed to St. Paul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment