Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Neighborhood "Talent" Show










Saturday evening, Tomkin and I went back to Pizza Luce, this time with his friends Syd and Dave. Then we all headed over to the Scooby-Doo Mansion for Luke and AC's annual neighborhood talent show. It was quite an event! Zombie Robert Goulet served as the host, the winning team (Adam & Cheryl) did a mimed magic act, and other "talent" included Tomkin & Adam showing the proper way to give a man hug, Jim telling a truly disgusting poop-related story from childhood, Syd & Dave popping straws, AC reading poetry, and two different people performing bodily contortion acts. It was highly entertaining! We also enjoyed drinking from the "shot" machine, and I got to meet Tomkin's friend JimDog. A fun and fascinating evening all-around. This year I just watched the show and took pictures of the performers. Perhaps next year I'll actually get up on stage. Any suggestions for "talents" I could share?

5 comments:

Kerri said...

How fun! There must be something photography related we can think of. Good thing we have a year to ponder. Of course, there's always your guitar solo.

rescue.maven said...

Hmm- I haven't heard you burp the alphabet or say "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" in YEARS... I'd say that would be highly amusing...

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Sorry about that first comment. I need to spell-check before I hit publish. Maybe you can find a harp somewhere and put those college lessons to good use!

Mary Beth said...

Uh, belching comes to mind, of course!

Post a Comment