Friday, November 16, 2007

First Trip Back to the Windy City: Friday

Where did the week go? I went back to Chicago last weekend for the first time since moving to St. Paul and am just getting to blog about it now. I'll split up the posts by day, rather than cramming everything into one.... I got to Chicago on Friday afternoon and hung out at Lisa's. It felt a little surreal to be back, but since it had only been three weeks since I moved, in some ways it seemed like I hadn't left. And it was great to see my friends again! Lisa, Carrie, and I got dinner at Jin Ju, which was fabulous. I love their spicy Korean food! Lisa and I had shared a bottle of champagne before we left, and then we all had a couple martinis at the restaurant. After dinner, we cooled ourselves off with ice cream at Sweet Occasions and debated whether it was too early to have Christmas decorations up. I don't know if it was the food, the drinks, the travel, or the fact that I'm an old woman, but I was falling asleep by 9:30! Thankfully, Lisa was tired, too, so we made it an early night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment