Friday, November 23, 2007

A Lot to Be Thankful For










Yesterday Tomkin and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house. It was so much fun! And surprisingly stress-free. We made a ham (well, I should say Tomkin put the ham in the oven), and Tomkin made two apple pies, green beans, and some traditional Thanksgiving guacamole (as one of the appetizers). We had just enough room at the table to seat ten people who didn't mind sitting close together. Our guests were Tomkin's parents, Tom and Nancy, his sister, Jenny, and her girlfriend, Allison, plus my dad, stepmom Sandy, and brothers Phillip and Alex. Everyone is so laid-back and friendly, I knew they'd all get along swimmingly. Phillip and Alex spent much of the day watching football downstairs. We all enjoyed an incredible meal, which included a fruit salad, lettuce salad, wild rice salad (sorry, Kerri--no pear & mayo salad), and scalloped potatoes provided by our families. We had coffee and dessert (three kinds of pie!), and Tomkin demonstrated his dog-training skills. Scout and Chloe were happy to finally be let out of their crates so they could scrounge for food and get lots of attention. Of course we also took a number of family photos--everyone was very patient and accommodating. The day was a huge success; Tomkin and I both felt very loved and thankful.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow! Does Tomkin ever look like his mom!

Tell Tomkin that I'm happy to give him the top-secret family recipe for pear-and-mayo salad. I wouldn't want another holiday to pass at your house without it.

Mary Beth said...

...and one turkey has YOU to be thankful for. Looks like a successful first holiday gathering!

Candy or Jo said...

Looks like this was quite the gala affair! And your dad is looking very well, I'm happy to see. Now you can move past that "first meeting of the families" phase too!

Anonymous said...

I look like my Mom? Really???

Ooh, and I've love the recipe!

Post a Comment