Monday, March 31, 2008

Tomkin's Birthday--A Day of Celebration (and Food)

Friday was Tomkin's birthday (and also my mom's birthday!), and we had a really fun day. First we walked to the Neighborhood Cafe for breakfast. (We NEVER go out for breakfast.) What a fun treat! Tomkin bought me a three-pack of spray tanning sessions at Planet Beach, and I had my first one that morning. It's so nice to have a little color in my skin! I picked up lunch at Whole Foods, and Tomkin opened presents and cards that came in the mail. Our housekeeper, Erika, came over to clean, and around 2:00 we all changed into dressier clothes so we could host a wedding! (Erika and I served as witnesses.) This couple was SO nice--they drove in from Wisconsin just to have Tomkin do their wedding. It was a short but very heartfelt ceremony (I think all of us cried!), and it was fun to be part of such a joyful occasion. Tomkin and I walked the dogs, and then we went to dinner at W. A. Frost, the place where we got engaged in January. Everything about that place is wonderful--the atmosphere, the service, and especially the food. It was really a lovely day!

2 comments:

Lucas said...

I'm so glad Little Tommy Coleman was born! (And that he's a rabbit expert!) Happy Birthday buddy.

Candy or Jo said...

I used to go to WA Frost too!!! Waht a very cool place to get engaged!!!

Post a Comment