Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We're Engaged!

So it turns out that promise ring didn't have to hold me nearly as long as I'd expected. Last Friday night, January 11th, Tomkin proposed, and I said yes! I'll admit, I knew it was coming. With both of us being sick, we had a lot of time at home alone together to sit and talk, and inevitably the subject of marriage came up. I figure it's a good sign that after a week of being cooped up and miserable, we came out of it getting engaged! Tomkin took me to a gorgeous restaurant called W. A. Frost, located in a historic building in St. Paul. He had told them his plans, so they gave us a lovely corner seat right by the fireplace. It was very cozy and romantic. We had an amazing dinner--really delicious food! Once we were done eating, Tomkin said some wonderful, heartfelt things, and then he got down on one knee, opened the ring box, and asked if I would marry him. I cried and hugged him and said yes. The ring is amazing--it's an orange garnet in a platinum band. I can't stop looking at it. I love it! I've never seen anything like it. (Tomkin ordered it from a designer in California.) We've decided to keep the engagement short and the wedding small. We'll be getting married here at home in April. I'm learning, though, that even with a relatively small and simple ceremony, there are still lots of details to attend to. And we're really having fun with it! Truly, I could not be happier.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!
omar & becca

Anonymous said...

Congratulations--what happy news to start the year! And the garnet has a lovely glow. Or is that you??
--Jennifer A.

Jo said...

Happiness looks so gorgeous on you guys. Congratulations! Tom and I couldn't be more excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Julie!!!! I am so happy for you.
-Diane B.

Mira and Eric said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Lucas said...

Julie,
We are so happy for you guys! Congratulations again and again and again!

Sharon said...

I'm so happy and excited for both of you. You really are perfect for each other! Welcome to the family, Tomkin!

Love,

Mom

Cindy Kuzma said...

Yay! Congratulations. That ring is amazing and so are you two!

Kerri said...

Hurray! :-)

Unknown said...

Congrats to the both of you! You both look sooooooo happy!!! That ring is very unique and bright......just like the two of you!
Heidi

nancy said...

Congratulations Julie!!!
Very happy for you.
Nancy and Laura

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! The ring is beautiful! I'm so happy for you two!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 3 months - I like it. Enjoy all of it - it passes fast.

Post a Comment