Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weddings, Work & Working Out

So the wedding preparations are moving right along! We have ordered invitations, booked a caterer, a photographer, and a videographer, and last night I ordered my dress! Brenda has agreed to be my maid of honor, and Tomkin and I have been talking about what we want to include in our ceremony. We've decided to write our own vows, which I think will be a little challenging--but totally worth it. I'm finding that it's easy to get caught up in wedding planning, so it's nice to have other things to think about, too. For one thing, Tomkin and I have started exercising together almost every day. He bought a used treadmill and exercise bike, and we've them set up in the library. We've been recording lots of fun shows on the downstairs TiVo, so we watch an hour's worth of TV while we walk or bike, and the exercise time flies by! It's been great. I've been such a slacker about exercising these last few months, it's nice to finally push myself again. We've also been brainstorming about new ideas for freelance work. Today we went to The Loft in Minneapolis, and we discussed some ideas about how I can get my name out and try to get more work. We also have some ideas for working together. It was really fun--and good to feel more motivated and excited about it again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get to work! You don't have much time. And don't worry about the vows, the words will just come to you.

Post a Comment