Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wedding/Travel Update

Things are still moving along with our wedding plans. I've got my dress and jewelry, we both have our rings, the invitations are addressed, and the vendors are all booked. We have some other odds and ends done as well. It's amazing that we've only been engaged three weeks as of tomorrow! I guess it helps to keep things small and simple. Tomkin put a photo of us on his Web site. We're leaving tomorrow for a trip to Grand Forks. I'm so excited! My mom will be there, too, and Tomkin will get to meet my grandma, my friend Brenda (my maid of honor), and my uncle Mike and his family. I'm looking forward to showing Tomkin around town--he always refers to Grand Forks as "the country," so I think he'll be surprised at how big it really is. Tomkin's friend Ben is going to stay at our place and watch the dogs while we're gone. Have I mentioned that Ben is awesome? We'll be back on Tuesday, in time to caucus for Obama. I'm hoping it really will be a Super Tuesday!

1 comments:

Hanne said...

Hello Ms. Julie, Todd and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary this past sunday/superbowl. We had some friend sover and many asked about our wedding. with 70 degress below zero windchill and what friends and family were there. How the toilets int the church were frozen solid and how great it was to all be together at the bed and breakfast. Now today... I decide to check your blog and see you have become engaged! What a wonderful suprise. Congratulations. I know we have not visited for a while but, I still feel as if you are a wonderful person to keep in touch with. So....I am sure he is wonderful. I am sure you will be happy. And the next time I am in Minneapolis visiting my sister Brigitte and her family I will have to stop by and say hello. Many wonderful wishes to you and your future celebration. And at least...12 wonderful years like I have had. Molly is now 9 and Max 7. We added Guinness ( a cocker ).

Post a Comment