Thursday, January 31, 2008

Working Girl

Sorry that, once again, it's been so long between posts! It's been a pretty crazy last week or so--mostly in a good way. Last Tuesday I got a call from a local photographer who found me through my Web site. He's publishing a book of his photos and needed someone to edit the accompanying text. We met up on Wednesday, and I've gotten most of the editing done. Then on Thursday I signed on as a contract editor for a local educational publishing company. I didn't realize how quickly I'd be diving into that job--I worked on my first assignment over the weekend and on Monday and got it in 15 minutes before the Tuesday noon deadline. Phew! I've placed ads in a few places and am constantly reaching out to get more work. Also, Tomkin and I are collaborating on some magazine articles, which is fun. If you know anyone who needs a freelance editor, let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment