Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Tasty Cure for Cabin Fever

I've been grousing about the cold and how I'm ready for spring to be here so we can get out of the house more. So last night while we were exercising and watching Project Runway (we're on the Season 2 DVDs now), Tomkin suggested that we go out for drinks. I thought that was a great idea! (Look at me, being all spontaneous!) We didn't leave until about 9:45--pretty late for us these days. Our first stop was Matt's Bar, home of the "Juicy Lucy," a charred hamburger with molten-hot cheese inside. Delicious! We picked out some songs from the jukebox, settled into a booth, and enjoyed our tasty burgers and drinks (a beer for me; water for Tomkin). Next we went to a totally different kind of place, Chino Latino. It's hip and swanky and cool, with two levels of dining and drinking, and orange lights glowing from behind the bar. We happened to arrive during late-night happy hour, so our order (French toast, popcorn, and a Bloody Mary for me; enchiladas for Tomkin) came to less then the burgers and beer at the first place! Our last stop for the evening was Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge, a tiki bar with tattooed waitresses and a tongue-in-tiki-cheek attitude. I had some kind of tropical drink in a plastic coconut, and Tomkin ordered a pizza. It was a great way to end a very fun evening!

2 comments:

Jo said...

How fun! (For YOU that is! Me? I was probably into my second hour of sleeping before you made it to your Bloody Mary.)

Lucas said...

Mmmmm. Juicy Lucy. So good!

Post a Comment