Sunday, May 6, 2007

Game Night in the Grove

Last night we had Game Night at Mary Beth's house in Downers Grove. It was so much fun to see Nora and Owen again! They were shy at first, but once the train set came out (and kept getting destroyed--"Oh, no!"), they were happy to play with us big kids. Joanna called, so we passed the phone around. She filled us in on Alejandro's first birthday--apparently he is no fan of pinatas. Or cake. There are lots of developments in their adoption case, and we just keep hoping they'll catch a break and be able to come home soon. Man, do I miss her! We celebrated Jill's birthday, ate dinner (MB made a delicious jambalaya), and eventually got around to playing some games (Remote Possibilities, Apples to Apples, and Teams of Enemies). I was 0-for-3, but it didn't matter. I still had a great time.

4 comments:

Jo said...

You guys look so beautiful! It makes me so happy to see everyone.

Kelly said...

Woot! I was 1 for 3 -- I'll take it. It was an awesome Game Night, marred only by Jo's absence.

Kerri said...

Uhhhh. I'm going to leave my stats for the night unrecorded.

Mary Beth said...

2 for 3, baby! That's right. (I'm just glad I didn't run out of prizes, considering the ones I had were 5 years old!)

Post a Comment