Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oscar Par-tay!

Sunday night, Tomkin and I went to Becca & Omar's for a fabulous Oscar party. In past years, I ran the Oscar pool at work, and I made a point of seeing as many nominated movies as possible and doing thorough research about the predicted winners. This year I think I had seen one of the nominated films ("Once," which I loved), and I filled out my Oscar ballot just as the show was about to start. Hey, it's been a busy year.... Becca & Omar just refinished their basement, and their new couch is big enough that all the guests could comfortably fit on it. (Sweet!) We watched the show on their 52" HDTV, which was very cool, although a little disturbing. People look much less attractive in high definition! It was actually sort of humanizing--it made the movie stars seem more like real people. Anyway, we had a lot of fun chatting with the other guests (heard a great story about a couple who literally ran off to Vegas for their wedding) and eating lots of delicious themed foods (they served a course to go with each of the Best Picture nominees). We enjoyed some wine and Surly beer--well, Becca didn't, since she's pregnant with their fourth child! Wow! Congrats to Becca & Omar! This is shaping up to be quite a year. Loved the Oscars, had a great time--and now I want to go rent some movies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment