Sunday, February 10, 2008

Super Fat Tuesday

Almost as soon as we got home on Tuesday, we headed to the caucus. I wasn't really sure what to expect--but I certainly hadn't expected to see lines of people all around the block! Apparently the turnout was three times higher than they've usually had--and not just in our district. Tomkin and I crammed ourselves into Ramsey Junior High, eventually found our district's room, voted for Obama, said hello to our neighbors who were working at the caucus, then turned around and left. The place was hot and packed. Even though we didn't stick around to get the full caucus experience, at least we got to place our votes--and Obama rocked the state! In our district, he got more than three times as many votes as Hillary did. (Edwards received four votes, even though he's no longer in the race.) I just hope Obama (and his supporters) can keep up the momentum until he earns the party nomination. After the caucus, Tomkin and I went out for dinner at Pizza Luce. I'm giving up the usual chocolate and pizza for Lent again this year, so I wanted to celebrate Fat Tuesday in style. I also gorged on Widman's candy. Good stuff!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Go, Obama! And go, chocolate and pizza! Yum.

Anonymous said...

YES! Go Obama!

Post a Comment