Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Blooming Lily

On Sunday afternoon, Tomkin and I went out to my aunt Carol's for an open house (she and her husband, Steve, live in the 'burbs). I hadn't seen Carol since I moved here, so this was Tomkin's first time meeting her. The occasion for the get-together was that my cousin Chris was in town with his wife, Marlene (who I'd never met) and their baby daughter, Lily. (They live in Texas.) It was so fun to see everyone again! It's been way too long (literally--years). Tomkin and I really enjoyed talking with Chris and Marlene before the party officially started, and then we hung out for a little while after it was over. Lily is absolutely adorable--and such a contented, happy baby! Carol may be the happiest (and youngest-looking) grandma I've ever seen. We both had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing all of them again sooner rather than later.

1 comments:

Candy or Jo said...

Carol is like a Picture of Dorian Gray in a female version! She doesn't age and always looks terrific!

Post a Comment