Sunday, December 16, 2007

End o' Week Fun

Last Thursday night, Tomkin and I took the dogs to their last regular dog training class at PetSmart. Friday morning I had an interview with Digital People, a creative staffing company, and I joined the Editorial Freelancers Association, which has a chapter in the Twin Cities. I'm still trying to drum up more freelance work. Tomkin and I had lunch at Pizza Luce with his friend Ben, who I hadn't met before. He's 23, and Tomkin and I both felt kind of old after hanging out with him. When he asked what we were doing for fun, we were like, "Well, we walk the dogs almost every day. We're going to the ballet soon, and we got tickets to see 'A Prairie Home Companion.' Oh, and I've got Tomkin hooked on 'Project Runway.'..." Ben did not seem impressed. That night we had dinner with Jill and Chris at Carmelo's Ristorante. Jill is another former Holy Covenanter, and she and her husband, Chris, moved here from Chicago just a few weeks before I did. It was fun hanging out with them, and we had a fabulous, inexpensive meal. I do have to say, though, I've noticed that the restaurant service here hasn't been great. It seems like most of the servers we've had have been pretty slow and not too on top of things. Regardless, Carmelo's was still a great find, and we had a really nice evening.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garlic and ricotta cheese stuffed steak. Wow, that was good!

Post a Comment