Sunday, December 9, 2007

Art & Parties

Last night Tomkin and I went to his friend Syd's birthday party, at the home she shares with her boyfriend, Dave. We had a lot of fun chatting with them and with lots of other folks. Today we met Syd and Dave and Dave's daughter at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis to watch award-winning British TV commercials. Some of them were hilarious, while others were very serious and powerful. They've been showing these for the last 19 years, and it's incredibly popular. After we watched the ads, Tomkin and I went through some of the museum galleries and, of course, the gift shop. Now here it is Sunday night already! I swear, I don't know where the time goes....

2 comments:

Candy or Jo said...

I wish someone would explain to me why the Brits are able to come up with poignant or funnier ads than we are! Are the people at American ad agencies on drugs -- or maybe they SHOULD be!

Anonymous said...

After all those Brit ads, now I want to eat and drink all this stuff... but I don't know what it is!

Post a Comment