Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tres Pistoles

Last night Lisa had me and Carrie over for dinner. It was such a fun evening! First we had appetizers and wine. (Lisa always serves VERY good wine.) Then we ate baked macaroni & cheese, roasted chicken, and salad. It was delicious! And perfect food for the cooler weather. Lisa showed us pictures from her recent trip to Hawaii, and Carrie showed us the Web site for the program in Spain that she'll be a part of for the next couple weeks. Carrie gave me a bunch of fun presents. I'm going to have the best home office ever--or at least the most fun! For dessert we had chocolate cake and two kinds of ice cream, plus more wine. We had a great time hanging out, but it was sad to think that we've come to the end of an era. Not that we won't still be friends, but things are changing and evolving. I drove Carrie home and had to say good-bye, which was hard. By the time she gets back from Spain, I will have moved to St. Paul. I've been really excited about the move; I haven't wanted to think about this aspect of it. But now I'm starting not to have much choice. I already had to start saying some good-byes at my party, although with the excitement of the night, I was kind of distracted and didn't get too emotional. Now that the move is getting closer, everything's starting to sink in and seem more real. Only 10 days from today, I'll be heading up to St. Paul!

0 comments:

Post a Comment