Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Most Awesome Birthday Party Ever!

Last night I had an '80s-themed birthday/going-away party. It was awesome! I decorated with pictures from Teen Beat, Bop, and other magazines that I had saved from my teenage years (Matt Dillon was especially prevelant), and I served '80s-themed food and drinks (wine coolers, Reunite, vodka & Kool-Aid, Pizza Rolls, Doritos, mini-quiches, Pop Rocks, Gummy Bears, etc.). Carrie and Lisa arrived early, and Carrie brought a beautiful pink birthday cake. All the guests wore era-appropriate clothing, and they were very creative! Lots of leggings, side ponytails, make-up, big bangs, and jewelry. It was great! We listened (and danced to) '80s tunes and reminisced about the age of excess. I've been wanting to throw an '80s party for years, so I'm glad I finally got to do it. It was a blast!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Totally awesome party, Jules!! Happy 53rd birthday!

Post a Comment