Thursday, October 11, 2007

Good Counsel (and Good Food and Good Conversation)

Tonight I had dinner at Penny's with Pastor Trey. And you'll be shocked to hear that I forgot to have our server get a picture of us! It was a crazy busy day today, and I was feeling pretty stressed and anxious. I felt much more calm and relaxed after talking with Trey. He asked me lots of questions about the move and Tomkin and how I'm doing, and he gave me some good counsel. Plus we just chatted and laughed. I will miss Holy Covenant as a whole--it's an incredibly special place. But I will also miss Trey personally. Not only is he an amazing pastor, who stirs our hearts and challenges us not only to think and to pray but also to take action, he's also a lot of fun to hang out with. He's been a wonderful spiritual advisor to me and also a good friend. Holy Covenant is a uniquely wonderful place for many reasons, and Pastor Trey is primary among them.

1 comments:

Candy or Jo said...

Pastor Trey sounds like one of those people we call "Rainbow Makers" -- we'er lucky to have them in our lives.

Post a Comment