Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Grand Game Night Send-Off










Last night, for the first time in months, we had Game Night with all six gamers. Kerri, Kelly, Jill, Mary Beth, and I went to Joanna & Tom's house. And I finally got to meet Alejandro! He's even more adorable in person than he is in pictures, and he is quite a character! He loves to dance and is fascinated by cameras--a man after my own heart! Joanna served up quite a spread--we started with Chicago staples (pizza from Lou Malnati's and hot dogs), then had an amazing salad for dinner. We spent so much time talking that we only played one game all night (Ultimate Outburst), but that was okay. It was nice just to have all of us together again. The girls surprised me with another Chicago favorite--cheesecake--and gave me a bevy of fabulous gifts: two games (Bandu--a classic--and Tune Twister--a new one that looks awesome!), business cards, and an AirTran gift certificate to use for a trip back to Chicago. It's been 6-1/2 years now that we've all been gaming together, and I guess it was inevitable that eventually someone would move away. I just didn't expect it to be me! I'm so thankful to have this incredible group of friends--we've all been through a lot since those first days when we used to meet during lunch to play Facts in Five. And even though I'm screwing up Game Night by moving to St. Paul, I know we'll all stay friends for life. To not only have one of these women as friends but all five is truly a remarkable blessing.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

We'll miss you, Jules! L.W. just won't be quite the same Game Dayer as you are -- but she'll be close, of course (and more hairy).

Kelly said...

Game Night will now have to start with mandatory shavings.

Post a Comment