Monday, July 30, 2007

A Grand Weekend (with Another Reunion!)

I went back to St. Paul this weekend and had a wonderful time with Tomkin. The trip didn't actually start out too well--thanks to thunderstorms between here and Minneapolis, my flight was delayed 3-1/2 hours (which meant I got in at 12:45--ugh!). But the rest of the weekend was great. Friday we lounged around the house, watched a couple episodes of "The Dog Whisperer" (Tomkin already loves having satellite TV and a DVR--another convert!), and took a long walk around the neighborhood. That night we stayed at the Grand Hotel in Minneapolis. Tomkin had won a free night there at a charity auction. It was so luxurious! The bathroom alone was the size of my first apartment in Chicago. Saturday we picked up some Mexican food and had a picnic in the park, then we walked around the lake and enjoyed the gorgeous day. That night we went to the Country Club in St. Louis Park for Tomkin's 20-year high school reunion. It was fun to meet some of his classmates and hear the gossip about them. (And it got me excited for my own 20-year reunion next year!) Sunday morning, Tomkin officiated at a baptism, so I went along for the ride and did some work at a Perkins while he performed the service. I had a smooth trip home last night and will be heading back up to St. Paul again on Thursday! This morning I picked up the dogs from the PetSmart Hotel--since Bill and Laura were out of town this weekend, I had to board Scout and Chloe. I was nervous about it, but it sounds like they did well. They were VERY excited to see me, but seemed to be in good spirits. They've been zonked out since they got home.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow. I see what you mean about that bathroom. Gorgeous!

Candy or Jo said...

WHAT??? No mention of margaritas?

Post a Comment