Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wedding Weekend: Sunday

Our First Full Day as Husband and Wife!
I'll be honest. When I woke up that Sunday after our wedding, I thought, "I don't want to throw another party today...." Thankfully, Barb and my mom had done a lot of clean-up after the wedding, so it only took another hour or so to get the place into shape. And once our friends and family started showing up for the brunch, around 11:00, I was happy to have everyone back again. It ended up being a really fun day. We got food from TST Catering again--muffins, scones, rolls, bagels, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice, and they even threw in a couple hot dishes (french toast and a tasty egg dish). Delicious! Christopher and Becca Ponder Their Food Options
For the first time that weekend, it was bright and sunny out. I hoped that people would remember the sunshine rather than the snow.... Sunday ended up being a really nice, relaxed day. I was happy to be back in regular clothes again, and I felt like I got more of a chance to really visit with people.Megan, Nancy, Pete, Becca, Tomkin, and Richard Eating and ChattingNancy, Mom, Barb, Allison, and Jenny Sharing Stories in the KitchenJimDog with Jules and the CarriesMom and Michael (Her Little Brother) Giving Each Other a Hard TimeTomkin with Dave and Kris (Syd)Mom, Barb, Brenda, and JulesJules with My "Original" ParentsJules and Tomkin with Sandy, Alex, Phillip, and DadJules with My Original Dad and My New OneJules and My Three MomsJules with Phillip and AlexTomkin with Lisa, Who We Affectionately Call "The Instigator" (Last Year During Reunion, She Encouraged Tomkin When He Was Thinking About Pursuing a Serious Relationship with Me)Jules and Tomkin with Mom and the Beautiful Cross-Stitch She Made for Us Carrie Sandwich!
By around 3:00 most people had left, and Tomkin went over and picked up Scout and Chloe from the dog-sitters (our neighbors Tracy and Laura). My mom, my aunt Carol, and our friend Scotty all stuck around to chat and nosh on leftovers. We ate and talked until almost 9:00 that night! It was a nice way to wind down an incredible weekend.Carol and Scotty Snuggling with Scout and ChloeChloe Trying to Charm Mom Into Sharing Her Leftover PizzaJules and Carol Tomkin Relaxing with a Snack at the End of a Long, Fun Weekend

2 comments:

Candy or Jo said...

I sure hope there was no significance that you and Tomkin were both wearing black the day after the wedding!

Lucas said...

What a nice, relaxing day. You both look so happy!

Post a Comment