Friday, May 9, 2008

Another Update

The problem with putting off posting is that more and more stuff keeps happening that I need to post about. It's been almost a month now since the wedding (!!!), and I still haven't blogged about it. But I will, I promise! I put in more than 60 hours of work the week before last and over the weekend--unfortunate timing, because it meant we didn't get out and about with the dogs as much as usual. (Although we did--thankfully!--do some fun stuff with the dogs over the weekend--most notably, the Humane Society Walk for Animals and Dog Day at the Saint Paul Saints minor-league baseball game.)

Monday night week we suffered the devastating loss of Scout, one of our two beloved Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I went out to dinner with a friend that night and Tomkin went out to a movie. I got home just a few minutes before he did, and I discovered Scout in his crate. It looked as though he had gone to sleep and just not woken up. It was shocking and completely unexpected, and we both miss him terribly, although we're thankful he went so peacefully. (He was just over eight years old and very lumpy--we guess that he probably had a tumor that went undetected.) With each day it gets a little easier, but then something reminds us of him, and a wave of sadness washes over us again. Chloe seems to be doing really well, though--much better than I would have expected. Of course we're giving her LOTS of attention and treats and going on as many walks as possible. We even took her to Tomkin's parents' house when we had lunch there on Wednesday. Thank you so much to everyone who has e-mailed their condolences, sent a card, or called. Your kind words have meant a lot to us this week.

Tomorrow, Tomkin and I are driving up to Duluth for one last visit with Jenny and Allison before they head back to NYC. Then on Monday night, to celebrate our one-month anniversary, we're going to stay at the Nordic Inn in Crosby, MN, courtesy of Scotty and Jake. It'll be nice to have a little vacation, especially since wedding season will be getting into full swing starting next weekend. I do promise to post more photos and details about the wedding, Scout, and other recent happenings asap.

1 comments:

Team Us said...

I am so sorry to hear about Scout. He was so lucky to have such a great mom! Prayers are with you guys.

Post a Comment