Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Short and Sweet

This past Sunday was another enjoyable Sabbath day--though I'll admit, it was hard not to be productive. I relaxed on the couch and read "Real Simple" and Steve Martin's autobiography, Born Standing Up. Tomkin and I took Chloe for a walk. It was an absolutely gorgeous day--in the 60s. Sure, it's been back into the 30s again this week, but at least now we know the worst is behind us. Hallelujah!
We even sat out on the front porch and read for a while. That evening we exercised to "Project Runway" and then watched the last three episodes of "Manor House." If you haven't seen that series, I highly recommend it!
Monday morning I had a premarital counseling session and then did my weekly shopping trip to Target. Why anyone ever gets in line behind me there, I don't understand. My cart gets so full and so heavy, I can barely push it. Obviously, I'm going to be a while.... Anyway, Tomkin and I took Chloe for a walk--it was another gorgeous day. I was supposed to meet with a couple that evening, but they had to reschedule. So Tomkin and I just enjoyed some downtime at home. Later that evening we went to Loto to meet Helena and Marcus for late-night happy hour. We closed the place down, then spent more time lingering outside! I just can't get enough of those two. Helena told us about her recent trip to India, where she participated in an intense meditation, then went to a spa in the Himalayas. Marcus recently traveled to New York City, where he got to talk with a contemporary artist whose work he's really interested in. And Tomkin and I had adventures from Spain to relay! It was a really fun evening with great friends.
Yesterday (Tuesday) morning we walked Chloe to the Grand Avenue Veterinary Center for her annual check-up. (This was our first time going to this vet, and we were very impressed.) Chloe weighed in at 114 pounds, which is 8 pounds higher than last year. So big girl's going on a diet! She was very good at the vet, except for occasionally wanting to sit when she was supposed to stand. Thank goodness she's food motivated! We got her blood work results today, and she got a clean bill of health. We ran a few other errands on Grand Avenue, then Tomkin headed into the office, and I got some stuff done at home. Last night I chatted with my mom (her birthday is coming up on March 28th--same day as Tomkin's!). She said my grandma is doing really well and enjoying her new home. I watched "Dancing with the Stars" and spent a little time on the computer. Those Facebook games really suck me in!
Chloe watching squirrels on the bird feeder from inside the front porch.

Today (Wednesday) I was scheduled to go to an editorial luncheon, but it got canceled. That was actually kind of nice because it gave me a good chunk of time to get stuff done around the house. I worked on a couple projects, did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and watched last night's "American Idol." Tomkin and I walked Chloe to the library. She's such a trooper, carrying all our books! Now Tomkin is at poker. I had a premarital counseling session, then had to do a little editing work. Now I'm going to go find out who made into the "American Idol" top ten....

0 comments:

Post a Comment