Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Long Weekend in St. Paul

I got to have a nice long weekend with Tomkin in St. Paul. I flew up on Thursday night and didn't head back to Chicago until Monday night. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Tomkin either had a rehearsal or a wedding about an hour away, so I drove with him, then sat at a Dunn Bros. coffee shop, where I drank chai tea lattes and finished reading The Mermaid Chair. Saturday night we had dinner with our college friend Kurt--he came by the house, and then we went out for Mexican food. It was fun catching up with him. On Sunday, Dad, Sandy, Phillip, and Alex drove down and met us at the house, then we all walked over to nearby Pizza Luce for lunch. It's great getting to see them more often now! I've gotten Tomkin hooked on "Rescue Me," and he's getting me to eat more healthy foods. As Rocky Balboa says, we fill in each other's gaps. We took a long walk on Monday, wandered around Grand Avenue, and stopped on the way home to have a picnic. Only two more visits up there before the move!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Such a beautiful couple (and a beautiful weekend).

Jo said...

It continually thrills me to see you so happy, Jules!

Anonymous said...

Jules, you are a treasure. I 'm so looking forward
to going to zany art shows with you. The surgical
art was a hoot!
Yr muminlawtobe Nancy

Post a Comment