Tuesday, September 4, 2007

In Stitches













I extended my long weekend by taking today off of work. One of the things I did was to visit the International Museum of Surgical Science to see an exhibit of embroidered X-rays by an artist named Matthew Cox. This is the third time I've seen his work, and I absolutely love it. It's such a contrast to have the bright, traditional needlework done on top of a cold, hard, grey technical image. It's not only a creative idea; Cox carries it out beautifully. If you've never been to the IMSS, they're having a free open house on Saturday, September 15th. I encourage you to check it out! (And to check out Matthew Cox's work! It's even better in person.)

1 comments:

Sharon said...

These are so neat! I'd love to see them in person.

Post a Comment