Monday, August 6, 2007

Fun with Flora & Fauna & Family

















Thursday night I went back up to St. Paul for another wonderful weekend with Tomkin. It was pretty low-key, but it was nice to just relax and hang out, especially since things have been so crazy lately. We went out for Middle Eastern, Mexican food, and pizza, and took some nice walks around the neighborhood and a nearby lake. I also got Tomkin hooked on watching "Rescue Me"--love that satellite TV! On Saturday we went to the Como Park Zoo, where we saw lemurs and other cool primates, snow leopards, seals, and lions. We rode on the carousel, which was built in 1914 and has been restored to look as it did originally (with the addition of an organ). I don't remember the last time I rode a carousel! We walked through the conservatory and the Japanese garden and saw all kinds of beautiful flowers and plants. Sunday morning we drove up to Sartell and had lunch with Dad and Sandy. I hadn't seen them since last Thanksgiving, so it was great to see them again and catch up. Tomkin hit it off with them right away, which didn't surprise me at all. I flew back to Chicago on Sunday night. Another quick but fabulous trip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment