Friday, April 25, 2008

We Did It!

Rehearsing for the Big Day
I'm so sorry for the long delay in posting, and I regret that for now I'll just have to give you a taste of blog posts soon to come. The whole wedding celebration was absolutely wonderful--more fun, special, meaningful, lovely, and memorable than I ever could have imagined. From Girls' Night Out on Thursday through our brunch on Sunday, Tomkin and I both had an incredible time being surrounded by family members and friends, many of whom had to travel through snowy weather to get here. We felt so blessed, especially on Saturday, April 12, when we got to stand up in front of our loved ones and join our lives together. It was truly magical. We followed up the wedding celebration with a fun and relaxing honeymoon in Northfield--just what we needed. Now this week we've been diving back into work, running all those errands we had put off, spending time with the dogs (they really missed us!), and--of course--writing thank-you cards. We're still waiting to get our professional photos back. I took a bunch myself (or had other people take shots with my camera), so I'll try to post more of those soon. In the meantime, I'll cheat a little and send you to Carrie's Flickr Page and Jake's Flickr Photo Stream. They got some awesome shots. Tomkin's officiating a wedding this weekend (we have the rehearsal dinner tonight), and we're going to an art crawl tomorrow and having lunch with my dad and Sandy on Sunday. But I promise I'll try to post more wedding info and photos soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again!!! I wish I was there. I'm sure it was beautiful. I'm so happy for the two of you. I can't wait to see pics! Take care. I miss you!!

Jo said...

The wedding was really beautiful! I'm so happy we got to be a part of it. Julie, you were absolutely radiant...even more so than usual!

Kerri said...

Thanks for letting us be part of that magic time, Jules. It meant so much to me!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - looks like a great time.

Post a Comment